Huge Framework Update!
The best rapid-development WordPress Theme Framework just got a massive update… this is a HUGE release that brings the NOUVEAU Starter Theme Framework very close to 1.0.
In addition to sporting the brand-spanking-new Foundation for Sites 6.2, the NOUVEAU Starter Theme has received a substantial overhaul that will dramatically speed up your workflow…
- Foundation for Sites has been updated to the just-released version 6.2!
- NOUVEAU now supports PSR-4 compliant class autoloading! You’ll never have to manually include a class file again… unless you want to, for some reason.
- Global constants are gone. Now, all your themes paths and urls are stored as properties of the main NV class!
- The main NV class is now accessed via a singleton function to strictly limit the number of instances to exactly one:
- PhpDocumentor docs are now included by default in a
- Although the
testsfolder is little more than a placeholder for now, the NOUVEAU Starter Theme Framework is getting WordPress unit tests!
- The entire library has gotten a thorough refactoring to standardize on a common sense WordPress coding style that still adheres to PSR-4: CamelCase classes and underscored, lower-case methods.
Of course this means the getting started guide is a bit out of date, but those changes will come shortly.